The UfM Secretariat organizes in biennial basis the UfM High Level Conference on Women Empowerment, which brings together the most relevant stakeholders of the region including governments, international and regional organisations, private sector, local authorities, experts and academics and civil society.
The Conferences seek to achieve several objectives:
- Think about women as actors of change and solutions to the regional challenges.
- Examine how to strengthen their positive contribution to development and stability.
- Highlight women’s role in enhancing sustainable development and inclusive growth, in promoting tolerance and mutual understanding and address the issue of women and migrations.
- Get inspired from testimonies and concrete experiences.
- Formulate recommendations in terms of policy decisions, exchange of experiences and good practices from the field and identify regional projects and initiatives.
- Explore how strengthening regional cooperation contributes to improving women’s situation and living conditions.