Med4Jobs is a flagship initiative of the Union for the Mediterranean to help increase the employability of youth and women, close the gap between labour demand and supply, and foster a culture of entrepreneurship and private sector development. Developed by the UfM Secretariat, Med4Jobs is a cross-sector initiative driven by the need for an integrated regional initiative in the area of job creation.
The initiative counts on the Advisory Board to identify priorities and challenges in the region, coordinate complementarities and share experiences and success stories, in addition to suggesting mechanisms to measure and assess the impact of pilot projects implemented.
The Med4Jobs Advisory Board members include the ILO, UNIDO, OECD, ETF, GIZ and UNCTAD. Regular meetings bring the Advisory Board together with other influential organisations and institutions working in employability, job creation and with SMEs in the region.
The Board’s objective is to:
- Select good practices that address gaps in the region’s labour markets
- Contribute to the promotion of job creation and the development of SMEs through identifying potential synergies with other related programmes.
- Render more effective and coordinate action across the range of available tools, programmes and policies in the Mediterranean region.
- Generation Entrepreneur
- Maharat Med – Developing Youth Employability & Entrepreneurial Skills
- MedNC – New Chance Mediterranean Network
- HOMERe – High Opportunity for Mediterranean Executive Recruitment
- Mediterranean Entrepreneurship Network
- Young Women as Job Creators
- The Euro-Mediterranean University of Fez
- Skills for Success – Employability Skills for Women
- Promoting women empowerment for inclusive and sustainable industrial development in the MENA region
- CEED GROW: Growing and Scaling Small and Medium-Sized Businesses
- YouMatch – Toolbox project
- Establishment of a Regional Platform for the Development of Culture and Creative Industries and Clusters in the Southern Mediterranean Countries