Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt – 16 November 2022
- Rai – Radiotelevisione italiana S.p.A is the official media partner of the first-ever Mediterranean Pavilion in the history of climate negotiations, led by the UfM, UNEP-MAP and PRIMA Foundation with a coalition of the most relevant climate action organizations.
- This Thursday, Nobel Prize awardee Parisi and prominent engineer Ercoli-Finzi will be intervening in a workshop led by Rai on how to create social awareness through media coverage of climate change-related topics.
Organized by the UfM’s media partner RAI & Moderated by Maria Cuffaro, editor in chief, reporter Tg3, the workshop Climate Change and Biodiversity: what Science says, how Media tell will host a debate between journalists and scientists from the Euro-Mediterranean region on how to make climate change and its consequences easily understandable to create social awareness.
This high-level event counts with the extraordinary participation of Nobel Prize-winning physicist Giorgio Parisi and Amalia Ercoli Finzi, the first woman to graduate in aeronautical engineering in Italy, prominent investigator and scientific advisor to NASA and the European Space Agency. They will be joined by Dr. Nathalie Hilmi, researcher in environmental economics, member of the IPCC and spokesperson for the regional network of scientists MedECC (Mediterranean Experts on Climate and Environmental Change).
Interacting with them, there will be journalists such as Presa Diretta of Rai’s host Riccardo Iacona, Rai Per la Sostenibilità ESG Director Roberto Natale, Magazines Méditerranéens of France TV’s editor-in-chief Thierry Pardi, and Algerian public radio reporter Fatiha Chara.
The event is open to all journalists covering climate change in the Mediterranean and will be followed by a networking cocktail open to journalists and experts.
Time: 17:30 – 20:00h Sharm el Sheik time (CET+1)
More info & streaming here
Register to attend the event and networking cocktail by sending an email to email@example.com with the following details:
Media outlet and position
- Check out the full agenda of the Mediterranean Pavilion here.
- If you wish to access all press releases, high-res photos and TV quality footage, visit our shared drive.
- For more info, spokespeople’s bios and contacts, download the fullMediterranean Pavilion Press Dossier.
- Not at COP? Watch the event in streaming here.
The Union for the Mediterranean (UfM) is the only Euro-Mediterranean intergovernmental organisation bringing together the countries of the European Union and 15 countries from the Southern and Eastern Mediterranean region. The UfM provides a forum for strengthening regional cooperation, dialogue and the implementation of concrete projects and initiatives that have a tangible impact on citizens, especially young people, in order to meet the region’s three strategic objectives: stability, human development and integration.
On-site in Sharm El Sheik: Sophie Rasbash (firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you are a journalist interested in receiving further information on the Pavilion’s activities, announcements, press events or booking interviews with a Mediterranean Pavilion’s representative, please write to Beatrice Chioccioli (email@example.com)