Cairo, 7 December 2020. The UfM Secretary General, Nasser Kamel signed today December 7th, 2020, in Cairo, a Memorandum of Understanding for institutional cooperation (MOU) on behalf of the Secretariat with the Prince Muhammad Bin Fahd International Foundation, represented by its Executive Manager, Zaidan Ali Al-Zaidan and the Arab Voluntary Union represented by its President, Hassan Mohammed Buhazza. The signing of the MoU comes at a timely moment within the context of the celebration of the International Volunteer Day and in the perspective to enhance the UfM engagement in favour of Youth Voluntary actions in the coming years.
This MOU establishes trilateral cooperation between the three organisations and gives a legal framework to develop and strengthen bilateral cooperation concerning areas of common interest, notably in the fields of management and research with a special focus on youth employability, leadership training, women’s empowerment, youth voluntary work, human development, Youth forums, economic empowerment, innovative volunteering, social protection, and entrepreneurship.
The cooperation between the involved parties will include among others:
• consultations and cooperation on projects;
• joint organization of seminars, conferences, symposia and workshops;
• exchange of practices, experiences and knowledge;
• exchange of publications and reports and preparation of joint publications;
• visit by and/or exchange of experts;
• participation in the Arbitration Committee of Prince Mohammad Bin Fahd International Foundation Insignia Awarding;
• and develop common initiatives in the Euro-Mediterranean and Arab Regions.
The parties agreed to hold regular consultations on issues and activities of importance for the purposes of furthering and facilitating the achievement of their common objectives and of ensuring the greatest possible coordination of activities with a view to creating synergies and maximizing mutual support.