The trainee would be assigned to the Business Development Division. Under the financial and trade advisor’s supervision, the trainee would i) help to prepare and follow-up on events and meetings relating to SMEs development, Employment and job creation issues, ii) provide policy and engagement backup on the definition and implementation of projects’ fund-raising strategy and operational plan for the Secretariat.
The trainee would also contribute to the drafting and editing of policy documents, background/briefing notes and speeches for the Secretary General, Deputy Secretary General and provide support to the division’s activities if required.
The trainee would also support in the implementation of the Mediterranean initiative for jobs developed by the Secretariat and engage in the identification and assessment of potential projects to be submitted for labeling to the SOM.
Draft action plan on institutional engaging with potential partners, financial institutions and donors for M4J/SMEs development projects.
Assist in the implementation of Med4Jobs program and its action plan for 2016
Elaborate the contribution of Med4Jobs towards the UfM private sector development strategy
Provide general and administrative support to the management of the M4J projects to be submitted for labeling.
- Draft background/briefing notes and speeches upon request
- Support in the organization of conferences and events related to the funding area, SMEs or the Mediteranean initiative for jobs (workshops, technical meetings, Advisory Board)
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
- Advance Degree in Economics, Finance, or Political Science and International Affairs
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in English and, preferably, a good knowledge of French.
- Ability to write clearly and produce concise reports
- Strong organizational skills; ability to work both independently and in a team
- Ability to liaise effectively with the responsible staff members of the Secretariat
- Good knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, database management and Excel.
- Good understanding of development issues, particularly of the Mediterranean region, and knowledge of Arabic an advantage.