European Defence Agency (EDA)
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive (CE) and Deputy Chief Executive (DCE) of the EDA, the jobholder will provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services, designed to add value and improve operations at the Agency.
The internal auditor will advise EDA on dealing with risks, by issuing independent opinions on the quality of management and control systems and by issuing recommendations for improving systems and processes and promoting sound financial management. Specifically, the internal auditor will be responsible for:
evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of internal management systems and the performance of Directorates in implementing programmes, projects and activities by reference to the risks associated with them;
evaluating the efficiency and effectiveness of the internal controls applicable to budget implementation operations.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Asssit the Deputy Director on collaboration with EC and external partners to promote the sustainable development goals and the UN Campaigns including international days.
- Assist on drafting speeches for UN events, produce relevant quotes and contribution for UN international days
- Suggest new Media partners to promote the Sustainable development goals and assist in liaising with them
- Participate in virtual and live conferences and draft summaries and or short article for the web
- Format content, drafts and initiate creative ways to promote UN topics on the UNRIC website including on the Ireland page
- Research on specific topics.
- Support social media campaigns towards young European and a mainstream audience and take initiatives to create new ways to sustain the momentum on SDGs.
- Support to develop communication materials based on good practices, impact example and achievements.
- Support in organization of events and meetings if needed.
- Perform other duties as needed