Rabat, 29 April 2019. The UfM Deputy Secretary General in charge of Business Development and Employment, Rachid Maaninou, participated in Rabat, Morocco, on the Mediterranean Economy and Competitiveness Forum held on 29 April 2019. This was the third of five forums held in preparation for the Summit of the Two Shores – Mediterranean Forum in Marseille.
The goal of the Economy and Competitiveness Forum, led by Morocco’s Economic, Social and Environmental Council, was to develop tangible initiatives to address the economic, competitiveness and innovation issues facing the Mediterranean region. The forum focused on the following themes: entrepreneurship and competitiveness; the digital economy; regional economies; and the social and solidarity economy.
Proposals were developed during discussions between participants to highlight the complementary nature of economies in the northern and southern Mediterranean, support new economic models (the social and solidarity economy, entrepreneurship, start-ups and incubators, new technology, etc.), and develop economic and financial growth and innovation from the social inclusion perspective.
- 12- 13 November 2018: “Mediterranean of the Future”: UfM Secretary General participates in the conference on youth in Marseille
- 18 January 2019: Foreign Ministers of the Western Mediterranean called for reinforced regional collaboration to face pressing challenges and commitment to a shared vision of a sustainable future
- 8 April 2019: The UfM participates in Algiers in the first thematic forum leading to the Summit of the Two Shores
- 25 April 2019: Investing in a Mediterranean Generation: UfM participates in the Malta Forum on Youth, Education and Mobility
- 2 May 2019: “Creating new cultural momentum in the Western Mediterranean”: UfM participates in the Montpellier Forum on Culture, Media and Tourism Forum
- 22-23 May 2019: The UfM organised a Regional Dialogue to gather insights from youth and civil society to further strengthens its roadmap for actions and participates in the Summit of the Two Shores
- 12 June 2019: 100 civil society personalities present key development projects for the region