Valetta, Malta, 27 April 2017
The UfM Ministerial Meeting on Water will aim to provide further deepened political impetus to the definition of a future UfM Water Agenda. The objective of this Agenda would be to provide a consensual regional water policy framework that can lead to a substantial positive impact on the sustainable livelihood in the region. The UfM Ministerial Meeting will create an opportunity for the UfM Ministers responsible for Water to:
- share views on water policy in the Mediterranean,
- stress the key relevance of water in the Mediterranean region,
- renew the commitment of countries on a regional water agenda,
- provide guidance on contributions of the water agenda in responding to key objectives in the region, and
- create a positive environment for the private investment and map regional funding for the water agenda through joint planning and mainstreaming.
For further information about the event, please contact the UfM Environment & Water division: firstname.lastname@example.org