The Euro-Mediterranean University of Fes (Université Euro-Méditerranéenne de Fès, UEMF) stands as a new regional centre of excellence contributing to regional stability and integration through the promotion of dialogue, intercultural exchange, sharing of knowledge and cooperation in the fields of higher education, research and innovation. Its particular regional approach is reflected in the diversity of nationalities of the students and staff as well as in the contents of study programmes, which focus on important topics for the integrated development of the Mediterranean region.
The Euro-Mediterranean University of Fes aims at building a new generation of young people with a unique Euro-Mediterranean profile, who can actively play a role towards transforming the region from their future positions in an effective and cooperative way between both shores of the Mediterranean.
Initiated by the His Majesty Mohammed VI King of Morocco, the UEMF constitutes one of the UfM flagship projects. It is framed within the UfM cross-sectorial Mediterranean Initiative for Jobs (Med4Jobs) and responds to the strategic goal of promoting youth employability and inclusive growth in the region. In line with the conclusions set by the Euro-Mediterranean Ministerial Conference on Higher Education and Scientific Research (Cairo, 2007) and the recommendations of the recently reviewed European Neighbourhood Policy-ENP (2015), the promotion of international student mobility and the reinforcement of graduates’ employability and entrepreneurial skills are key priorities of this University.
Within an international environment, the UEMF seeks to deliver high standard multilingual and multi-dimensional programmes in Engineering and in Humanities & Social Sciences complemented by cross-cutting classes on Euro-Mediterranean history, civilizations, heritage and languages along with transversal courses in ICT’s and entrepreneurship. A number of these programmes are already in place and others will be launched in partnership with well-known Higher Education Institutions from several Euro-Mediterranean countries.
The UEMF overall construction of the definitive premises is expected to be completed by 2019-2020 and will have the capacity to host approximately 7,000 students and 650 staff members representing diverse nationalities of the Euro-Mediterranean region and Sub-Saharan Africa.
UEMF key figures
- 7,000 students from across the Euro-Mediterranean region and Sub-Saharan Africa in 2024.
- 650 highly qualified professors, researchers, administrative and technical personnel.
- 80% of students participate in mobility experiences abroad.
- 20% of students granted with full or partial scholarships.
- 26ha eco-friendly and world-class campus.
- MAD 70,000 (approx. EUR 6,250): annual tuition fees.
UEMF programmes for the 2016-2017 academic year (FR)
- Bachelor programme in Architecture, Design and Urban Planning
- Bachelor programmes INSA Euro-Méditerranée
- Bachelor programme in Political Science
- Master programme in Managing and Enhancing the Touristic Value of Heritages
- Master programme in Energetics Engineering & Climate Change
- Master programme in Big Data Science
- Master programme in Environmental Engineering & Water Management
- Master programme in Renewable Energy & Energy Efficiency