Joint Research Centre (JRC)
As the science and knowledge service of the Commission, the mission of Joint Research Centre is to support EU policies with independent evidence throughout the whole policy cycle.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Asssit the Deputy Director on collaboration with EC and external partners to promote the sustainable development goals and the UN Campaigns including international days.
- Assist on drafting speeches for UN events, produce relevant quotes and contribution for UN international days
- Suggest new Media partners to promote the Sustainable development goals and assist in liaising with them
- Participate in virtual and live conferences and draft summaries and or short article for the web
- Format content, drafts and initiate creative ways to promote UN topics on the UNRIC website including on the Ireland page
- Research on specific topics.
- Support social media campaigns towards young European and a mainstream audience and take initiatives to create new ways to sustain the momentum on SDGs.
- Support to develop communication materials based on good practices, impact example and achievements.
- Support in organization of events and meetings if needed.
- Perform other duties as needed
Under the supervision of the Head of Unit Land and Logistics, the Project Officer Medical is responsible for the following activities:
- Contribute to capability development to improve Member States’ capabilities; the work entails, in particular, conceptual work, doctrinal as well as training and exercise aspects, technical and technological developments and operational activities. Create synergies between military and civilian capability development for CSDP missions and operations;
- Participate in the definition of capability requirements and contributing to the development of the Capability Development Priorities;
- Contribute to the development and update of the Strategic Context Cases (SCCs) to implement the EU Capability Development Priorities;
Among other tasks.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive (CE) and Deputy Chief Executive (DCE) of the EDA, the jobholder will provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services, designed to add value and improve operations at the Agency.
The internal auditor will advise EDA on dealing with risks, by issuing independent opinions on the quality of management and control systems and by issuing recommendations for improving systems and processes and promoting sound financial management. Specifically, the internal auditor will be responsible for:
evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of internal management systems and the performance of Directorates in implementing programmes, projects and activities by reference to the risks associated with them;
evaluating the efficiency and effectiveness of the internal controls applicable to budget implementation operations.
Under the supervision of the Head of Unit Information Superiority, the Project Officer Cyber Education, Training and Exercises (ETE) is responsible for the following activities:
- Contribute to keeping the Strategic Context Case (SCC) Cyber Responsive Operations on Cyber ETE topics updated;
- Develop proposals to meet the Cyber Defence (CD) ETE and human factors objectives defined in the Capability Development Plan, the Strategic Context Case (SCC) Cyber Responsive Operations and other EU Cyber Defence/Security Policy documents (e.g. EU Cyber Security Strategy, EU Cyber Defence Policy Framework);
- Assess the CD ETE and human factors implications of any EU initiative (e.g. European Defence Action Plan, EU Global Strategy, PESCO, CARD);
Among many other tasks.