On 28-29 March 2017, about 50 participants from the above-mentioned institutions participated in the 6th UfM High Level Working Group on Employment and Labour, which took place at the UfM headquarters, in Barcelona.
The objective of the meeting was to follow-up on the Ministerial Declaration adopted at the 3rd UfM Ministerial Conference on Employment and Labour (26-27 September 2016, Jordan), define specific actions to implement it, as well as share experiences and best practices. Participants also explored cooperation initiatives addressing job creation, entrepreneurship, youth employability and employment services, and discussed the transition from informal economy to formal employment, as well as the promotion of social dialogue.
The meeting focused on the four key topics of the Ministerial Declaration which also reflect the structural labour market challenges in the region:
- Job creation and entrepreneurship;
- Youth employability, employment services and matching;
- The transition from the informal economy to formal employment, and
- Social dialogue.
- Sixth meeting of the High Level Working Group on Employment and Labour summary
- Third UfM Ministerial Conference on Employment and Labour
- Declaration of the Third UfM Ministerial Conference on Employment and Labour
- Declaration on Social Dialogue, Third UfM Ministerial Conference on Employment and Labour