XVIII Mediterranean games
22 June – 1 July 2018, Tarragona.– The Mediterranean Games are a multisport competition that is organised within the Olympic movement, with the recognition by the International Olympic Committee (IOC).
The 18th Mediterranean Games are not only an event of social transformation and international projection, but also an opportunity of being more than a sports event: a connecting link in the Mediterranean based on solidarity and harmony.
In 10 days of competition, the Games will bring to Tarragona and the territory:
- 4,000 athletes from 26 different countries
- 1,000 judges and representatives of the International Federations and the International Committee of the Games
- 1,000 journalists from all over the world
- 3,500 volunteers to cover the needs of organization
- More than 150,000 spectators
Youth for the Mediterranean
Youth for the Mediterranean is a new initiative supported by the Union for the Mediterranean, back to back with the Tarragona Games and with the active implication of Youth Partner Organizations across the Mediterranean. It will serve as new and referent yearly meeting point between inter-governmental institutions and the civil society.