Higher Education and Research are shaping factors of a common and prosperous Mediterranean future.
The Secretariat of the Union for the Mediterranean (UfM) actively works in collaboration with relevant stakeholders on the identification, labelling and promotion of specific pilot projects and initiatives which contribute to the establishment of a Euro-Mediterranean Higher Education and Research Area.
Reinforcing and developing the Euro-Mediterranean Higher Education and Research Area will contribute to building cultural bridges between both rims of the Mediterranean, and mutual understanding among people.
- Empower the two regional centres for Euro-Mediterranean Higher Education: the Euro-Mediterranean University of Fes and the EMUNI University
- Facilitate coordination and provide a platform for Mediterranean higher education and youth mobility
- Improve the quality of vocational training and higher education in the region in view of increasing the student employability
- Facilitate North-South dialogue within Mediterranean scientific research frameworks
- First Euro-Mediterranean Ministerial Conference on Higher Education and Scientific Research (Cairo, 18 June 2007). Declaration
- Euro-Mediterranean Conference on Research and Innovation (Barcelona, 2 April 2012)